Get out there and experience the Canadian great outdoors! The Dog Mountain Trail is a short, easy hike from Mount Seymour that offers a spectacular aerial view of Vancouver on a clear day!
THIS IS AN EASY TO INTERMEDIATE HIKE! With minimal gain in elevation gain and 5 km round trip, this trail is considered a short hike but a bit technical in some areas. This hike will take approximately 2 hours round trip which includes breaks and selfie stops.
We recommend the following:
- Shoes/boots with good support are a must
- Bring enough water and snacks or a lunch for aa picnic with a view at the top!
- No sandals/Converse!
- Fitness clothing (stretchy or quick dry hiking clothes) and advise against jeans
- Hiking poles are recommended but not required
Bus Pickup/Drop-off Information
Note: No food or drinks are allowed on the bus so make sure you have breakfast prior to boarding.
- 9:30am: Check in at Thea Koerner House (6371 Crescent Road, UBC)
o 10am: Bus leaves at 10am sharp!
- 10:20am: Canada Place (bus pickup zone)
o 10:30am: Bus leaves at 10:30am sharp!
- 2:30pm: Check in
- 3:00pm: Depart Mount Seymour
- 3:30pm: Canada Place
- 4:00pm: Thea Koerner House, UBC
*Tickets for Non-grads are on a first-come first-served basis. Please note there are few available as we give priority to Grad Students. *Non-Grad Students are defined as UBC staff or faculty and partners/spouses of UBC Graduate Students.
* To avoid EventBrite fees, in-person pre-event registration at the GSS Office (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) is available with exact cash or cheque only. No sales will be held via phone request.
Photo: Steve Chou